Wednesday 18 January 2012

Dreams turn customer service into a nightmare.

We've bought a bed for the spare room. I'm sure it will be a lovely bed if one of the Dreams Team will only come to the phone to sort out my problem with the delivery.

The bed has been delivered with solid slats instead of the sprung ones advertised on the web site.

I rang the store and first of all they said it doesn't come with sprung slats they cost extra. When I insisted they look at their own web site they said it was a mistake on the web and they would ring me back.

They rang me back and asked me to ring customer service. So far I've been hanging on for 10 minutes listening to a repetitive piano loop and an occasional recorded assurance that one of the Dreams Team will be with me as quickly as possible.

I can't understand why the store isn't authorised to sort this issue out.

Somebody finally answered. The order at Dreams end, but not on any of my paperwork states 'solid slats' apparently. The web site says:

Sprung slats provide a secure, comfortable base for the mattress of your choice.

Specifications:
- Modern design
- Metal frame
- Chrome finish
- Sprung slats

At least, it does at the moment. I've taken several dated and timed screen shots in case it gets changed while I'm waiting for them to call back. Annoying isn't it. I've got work to do today and I'm spending it getting wound up by good old British Customer service. Dreams indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment